Planning to buy an AC for the upcoming summers?
Do not know which AC you should buy?
If yes, then read this article to know which are the top ACs in 2020.
In this article I have posted 10 ACs which are best according to me. Read about every model and decide which one will suit you the best.
An air conditioner is a system which replaces warm air with cooler air. It uses a fan to distribute the cool air in a closed room in which it is installed. It provides comfort to the people in a comfortable indoor environment, independent of the outdoor climatic conditions. There are various types of AC available in the market which include split AC, window AC etc.
The cooling in an AC is usually done by the vapor-compression cycle, in which a circulating liquid known as a refrigerant is used to absorb and remove heat from the atmosphere. A refrigerant, first, absorbs the hot air, thus, cooling down the room. The refrigerant then converts into gas, which is then further compressed to increase its temperature. It then throws heat to the outside air. An air conditioner creates 30 per cent to 60 per cent relative humidity and improves the indoor air quality. It prevents problems like dehydration, heat stroke etc.
10 Best AC (Air Conditioners) In India – Reviews
Voltas Inverter AC is one of the most popular ACs in the market. It has two-stage expansion and two-stage compression, which leads to consistent cooling. It consumes low power and keeps you comfortable even at 56-degree Celsius temperature. It works at low noise. It is very durable and is an energy efficient machine. It prevents overload and protects the AC from voltage fluctuations. It is available at a price of ₹32,772 with free scheduled delivery.
- This Voltas inverter AC has a capacity of 1.4 ton and is completely suitable for the middle-sized rooms.
- It has an antibacterial dust filter.
- The copper condenser coil ensures better cooling.
- It requires low maintenance and can be used effectively for a long time, once installed. It has a variable speed compressor and is energy efficient.
- It distributes the air evenly in the whole area and keeps it cool.
- It comes with hydrophilic fans which prevent the AC from corrosion.
- It has an installation cost of ₹1500 in addition to the taxes.
- Also, additional charges are applied for other Accessories.
- Quality of service varies from region to region.
So, as a consumer, one has all reasons to buy this voltas inverter AC because of its high efficiency, durability, and cost-effectiveness.
This LG 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC has a dual compressor which eradicates the problem of improper cooling. It offers a 5-year warranty on the compressor. Its ocean black protection helps the AC to be safe from extreme weather conditions, industrial smoke and pollutants. It also has a dual rotary compressor. The advanced models come with several more additional features. It is available at ₹42.990.
- It has a capacity of 1.5 ton and is completely suitable for the middle-sized rooms.
- It consumes only 835.50 KWh energy annually and thus has a 5-star energy rating.
- It provides fast cooling and works effectively.
- It has a mosquito away technology that provides protection from mosquitoes.
- It provides 26 per cent energy saving.
- Also, humidity in a room can be controlled by a single click of the button.
- The gold fin condenser protects the surface from corrosion.
- Sometimes, due to corrosion and humidity, copper pipes may get weak which can lead to leakages.
- Due to deposition of dust, intake of air becomes difficult which increases the temperature of the AC more than its ideal working temperature.
Buying LG 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split AC can be a good choice for customers due to its unique features like ocean black protection, mosquito away technology and many more.
This Voltas 5 star 1.5-ton window AC is available at a price of ₹26,990.
It provides fast cooling at high ambient temperature. It has multistage filtration techniques. The copper condenser coil lasts for a long time and provides efficient cooling. It consumes less power and saves your electricity bills to a huge extent. It has a turbo mode which provides instant cooling. It maintains a comfortable temperature and cuts the excessive cooling whenever it is kept in the sleep mode.
- It is an efficient window AC weighing 1.5 ton and can be fitted anywhere easily,
- It comes with a 1-year warranty on the AC and 5-year warranty on the compressor.
- It comes with a rotary compressor.
- In addition to turbo mode, it has other modes including auto-restart, sleep mode and timer.
- It comes with an inbuilt anti-dust filter which cleans the dust inside the AC.
- Dripping water from the AC can be a serious concern.
- Installation sometimes gets tricky.
- Operating noise can be high.
One should definitely buy Voltas 5 Star 1.5-ton window AC since it is available at a reasonable price with so many nice features including less power consumption and instant cooling.
Are you looking for a branded AC under INR 25000/-?
Then go for Sanyo ACS from Panasonic, which is the best budget inverter AC in India. The Sanyo ACS are well-equipped with the latest full inverter technology, dust filters, and PM 2.5, making them exceptionally unique among all other ACs of the inverter series. To know more you can read the Sanyo ac review.
- The Sanyo AC review has proved it the most energy-efficient air conditioner with the lowest noise operation.
- The Split AC available with an inverter compressor is featured with a variable speed compressor, enabling it to adjust the power depending on the heat load.
- With a capacity of 1 ton, it has become the best fit for small-sized rooms equivalent or less than 110 sq. ft.
- With the annual energy consumption of 741.94 units, the Sanyo ACs have managed to get an energy rating of 3 stars.
- The Sanyo ACs are specially featured with Air Purifier & Dehumidifier.
- For betting cooling functionality, Copper Condenser Coil has been used in Sanyo ACs, which also facilitates low maintenance.
- The Sanyo ACs prove to be environment-friendly since they are incorporated with R32 Refrigerant gas, which has no ozone depletion potential and low global warming potential.
The Sanyo best-rated AC in India comes up with the warranty of 1 year on product,
1-year warranty on condenser and 5 years warranty on compressor.
In addition to it, Sanyo is available with 350+ service centers PAN India facilitating timely response.
The installation charges are a bit higher than the average charges.
Hope our Sanyo AC review has cleared you much about it, and you have found what you had expected!
No doubt, Voltas is among the top brands of air conditioners! Incorporating the customized range of features with 1458 watts power input Voltas 1.5 ton 3 star split AC has become the best selling AC in India available at an affordable price and easy EMI options.
- Voltas 1.5 ton 3 star split AC has come up with a non-inverter compressor and functions at low noise.
- Its capacity of 1.5 ton is best suited for medium-sized rooms ranging from 111 to 150 sq. ft.
- The best energy-saving air conditioner, with the Energy Rating of 3 stars and Annual Energy Consumption of 1128.65 units.
- With the 100% use of Copper Condenser Coil, it facilitates more durability, high ambient and instant cooling as well as low maintenance.
- Anti-bacterial Filter, Dust Filter, and Dehumidifier are the special add-ons with R22 Refrigerant gas.
- The Voltas – all weather AC is featured with 4 Stage filtration which removes bad odors allergens, and other harmful particles. This helps in providing fresh air.
- It guarantees a warranty of 1 year on product, 1-year warranty on the condenser and 5 years warranty on the compressor.
- The charges for installation services are high as compared to other brands.
Hope we have summarized all details about Voltas 1.5 ton 3 star 183 DZZ Split AC! A must buy AC with the best cooling system.
Wooh! Now the best hot and cold AC in India with inverter compressor is available under INR 45000/-, with free shipping and free installation services. Yes! You read it right, the Hitachi inverter AC 1.5 ton is the one we are talking about. The AC enabled with the latest AC technology has come up with the exclusive Split Design, featuring the expandable wide-angle deflector soft dry wave blade, which helps in removing the bad odor from the evaporator, ensuring high performance.
- The Hitachi air conditioner review has collected many praises for being energy-saving air conditioner with Energy Rating of 5 Stars and lowest-noise operations.
- Its 1.5-ton capacity is the best fit for medium-sized rooms ranging from 111 to 150 sq. ft.
- For cooling, the AC power consumption is of 1449 Watts and requires a power supply of 230V/50Hz/1Phase.
- The Copper Condenser Coil enables effective cooling requiring low maintenance.
- With the usage of R410A Refrigerant gas, the AC has no ozone depletion potential.
- On/Off Timer Technology along with Stabilizer Free Operation.
- It ensures 1 + 1-year Additional Warranty, 5 years Controller Warranty, and 10 Years Compressor Warranty.
- No issues have been found yet as per the customer feedback received.
Grab the deal of Hitachi 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC with extra services that too free of cost!
Buy the most energy-efficient Carrier 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC! The best AC for home enabled with Hybrid Jet Technology facilitates Flexi cool, operating on 4 modes – Free running (Very Hot), 100% (Hot), 75% (Moderate Warm) and 50% (Comfortable). Carrier air conditioner models are featured with powerful and durable design, facilitating low voltage and noise operations and stabilizer free operation with high ambient working by superior cooling.
- Among all split types of AC with inverter compressor, Carrier ACs have received positive responses for being additionally furnished with PM 2.5 filter along with, Dust Filter, Air Purifier and Dehumidifier.
- Its air conditioning units support a variable-speed compressor with the help of which the power can be adjusted depending on the heat load.
- Designed with a capacity of 1.5 ton, it is best suited for medium-sized rooms ranging from 111 to 150 sq. ft.
- The best air conditioner in India, with the Energy Rating of 5 stars and Annual Energy Consumption of 871.07 units.
- For superior cooling, the AC is inbuilt with the Copper Condenser Coil demanding low maintenance.
- The usage of R32 Refrigerant gas has no ozone depletion potential.
- Free shipping and comes up with a 1-year warranty on the product,
- 1-year warranty on condenser and
- 10 years warranty on compressor.
- The price of Carrier air conditioner is higher as compared to the features, services and cost of air conditioners of other brands.
When it comes to the unmatched and excellent post-sale support & services, the one-time investment on the name of the price of the air conditioner doesn’t matter. After going through our Carrier AC review if you think, this is what you needed! Must go for it.
The sub ₹ 30k entry-level price segment is one of the most heavily competed ones in the AC market. Whirlpool 0.8 Ton Split AC is also an entry-level Air-conditioning unit priced at around ₹ 25k. Here is a detailed overview
- Has a capacity of 0.8 tons
- Comes with a inverter compressor
- 3 star energy rating.
- Auto restart feature
- Inverter Technology that adapts to your cooling needs while reducing electricity usage and keeps power consumption low.
- Variable speed compressor which adjusts power depending on heat load. It is most energy-efficient and has a lowest-noise operation
- 4X4 evaporator circuit design for rapid heat exchange resulting in enhanced cooling capacity and power savings.
- Inbuilt stabilizer reduces the need for an extra stabilizer.
- 10 year warranty on compressor, 1 year warranty on product and 1 year warranty of condenser is applicable.
- This air conditioner has copper coils which allows better cooling.
- The machine is designed in such a way that it requires very low maintenance.
- Has features like turbo cool and dehumidifier.
- Only suitable for small rooms
- With an asking price of ₹ 25,400.00, whirlpool enters into this price segment competing with lots of other manufacturers with better options.
This AC from Hitachi, one of the well-known houses in the consumer durables segment, comes packed with a lot of features, but does it still hold up against the competition in this segment? Let’s find out?
- Windows AC
- Capacity: 1 Ton.
- Energy Rating: 5 Star.
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 Year on Complete Unit and 5 Years on Compressor
- Copper Condenser Coil: Better cooling and requires low maintenance
- Refrigerant gas: R22
- Economical and easy to install
- With a 5 Star energy rating one can expect Best in class efficiency
- Copper Tube Condenser, Evaporator & Interconnecting Pipes for longer life and better performance.
- 1 Ton isn’t enough to cool medium and large rooms, suited only for small rooms.
- Window AC’s are noisy in operation compared to split ACs.
- It still uses an R22 refrigerant which is not as good as R410A or R32. Moreover, it has very high Ozone depletion potential.
With an asking price of ₹ 25,400.00, this 1 Ton AC from Hitachi seems to have everything right on paper, but lacks the modernity touch and falls behind others in terms of practicality. But it’s still a worthy option if noise and refrigerant variant isn’t an issue.
This new Godrej air-conditioner is claimed to be the perfect eco-friendly air conditioner. ACs have a bad reputation of increasing global warming, but this model is designed with R32 refrigerant, thus does not contribute to global warming. It produces less heat than other models.
Godrej has stressed more importance on the environmental aspects but does it still have what it needs in terms of performance to shell out ₹ 29,999.00. Let’s take a detailed look in this Godrej AC review
- Split AC with a non-inverter compressor.
- Capacity: 1.5 Ton.
- Energy Rating: 3 Star.
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year on product, 1 year on condenser, 5 years on compressor
- Copper Condenser Coil: Better cooling and requires low maintenance
- Refrigerant gas: R32
- Uses R32 refrigerant which is 3 times more efficient than R410A and also has lesser Global warming Potential.
- Since it is non-inverter AC’s it produces low noise and is also affordable as compared to inverter split ACs.
- It can comfortably cool medium and large-sized rooms, since it’s capacity is higher.
- Comes with Special Features like Anti-bacterial Coating and Dust Filter.
- Even though non-inverter compressors are less noisy the speed of the non-invertor compressor is fixed. This means that it operates either at full or minimum speed. So power consumption will be higher.
- Lagging behind in power saving and efficiency, Godrej has hit the right notes with the pricing, which makes this 1.5 Ton Air conditioner the best option to go for under ₹ 30000/. All other options at this price range are limited to 1 Ton capacity, so Godrej has found itself in the driving seat in this price segment.
Types of Air Conditioners
Split air conditioner
A split AC consists of 2 components, an indoor unit and an outdoor one. The outdoor one is installed outside the room and consists of condenser coil, compressor and copper tubing. Split ACs are known as one of the best ACs.
The indoor unit contains the cooling coil, a long blower and an air filter. One major benefit of split AC’s is its quiet performance. The parts of an air conditioner that make the most noise are the compressor and the fan that cools the condenser. In a split system, the compressor and fan for the condenser are located outside the room and therefore the major sources of noise are removed.
Modern split air conditioning systems are equipped with a heat pump facility for heating in the winter months. Thus serving as an all-weather AC.
Window air conditioner
Window air conditioners are not only an affordable cooling option, but they are also extremely efficient and the AC power consumption is also low. These are the most energy-efficient air conditioners available but are noisy in operation. These units fit directly inside windows and are readily available in a wide range of capacities. They are low cost and are very affordable to operate. It is the perfect AC to stay cool without throwing in a lot of money. The vast majority of window air conditioners have a great energy efficiency ratio (EER), which says how much they cool compared to how much energy they require to run. To truly maximize energy savings, you will want to look for a window unit with a high EER rating. Another benefit of a window air conditioner is the easy installation process, something that can be easily accomplished, even by those that don’t consider themselves to be handymen.
Portable air conditioner
Portable air conditioning units (PAC) are perfect for single rooms as it is a self-contained portable system. They typically sit on the floor and come with an installation kit for quick set up. These units come with in-built wheels so that they can be moved from one room to the other. All portable AC’s remove the warm air and moisture as they cool. The absorbed air has to be exhausted to another location which is generally outside. These units do not require special mounting. The compressor is located inside the unit thus they have the disadvantage of being quite noisy and limited in capacity.
Best AC (Air Conditioner) Buying Guide
Since there are many types of AC available in the market, it becomes difficult for a person to pick the best AC for home. Thus, for buying the best AC for home, the following parameters should be considered before purchasing it:-
- Size of the air conditioner:
Size of every air conditioner depends upon the number of air conditioning units out of which it is composed. Thus, the size of the air conditioner to be purchased will depend on the spot where the AC will be fixed. For example, if a window is available of significant size then window AC will be favored over split AC. whereas for an average room of suitable size, the cooling action of split AC will be more effective than window AC.
- Position of your room in the building:
For a room present at corners of any building with attached windows and balcony, window AC can be used as it will be easy to install and operate it. Whereas for every closed room i.e. surrounded with all four walls and without balcony and window, split AC will be recommended.
- How often it is used:
Depending on the duration of usage i.e. whether it is required for all weather or one season only. The types of air conditioners available in the market are- all-weather AC, summer AC, and AC with a heater, etc. The most energy-efficient air conditioner should be purchased.
- Filter location:
During the cooling action of the air conditioner, the air moving in and out of AC may contain some dirt particles. For cleaning out that dirt, every air conditioner consists of a filter unit that purifies the air moving in the whole unit of AC. Before buying the AC, the suitability of fixing the filter location should be checked so that the AC is cleansed properly.
- Warranty period:
Before buying any electrical equipment, the warranty period should be checked as it defines its durability. It is advised to buy the most energy-efficient air conditioner with a longer warranty period.
Air Conditioner Maintenance Tips
Based on the place where the air conditioner will be installed, air conditioners are of two types- Window AC and Split AC. Therefore, separate tips for effective maintenance of both types of AC are given below.
Essential Maintenance Tips for Window Air Conditioners are enlisted below:-
- Washing the filter:
The filter is an essential part of AC that cleanses the air flowing in and out. Therefore, it is advised to clean the filter regularly to enjoy the uninterrupted and efficient operation of the AC. Remove the parts of the filter gently and wash it with soap and lukewarm water to remove all the dirt.
- Cleaning the coils:
Remove the outer cover gently and clean the coils with a suitable brush having small and thin hairs. If possible, then vacuum all the dirt out of the unit using a suitable vacuum cleaner. The cleansing action of coils should be done carefully as the cost of air conditioning units is high.
- Straightening the fins:
Fins are present on the outlining of the condenser to assist the flowing air through AC. These fins may bend sometimes and cause an interruption inflow of air that can affect the cooling action. To straighten those fins, it is advised to use a flat, thin and tough object such as putty knife that can go through easily between fins to avoid any damage.
Essential Maintenance Tips for Split Air Conditioners are as follows:-
- A regular check of compressors:
The function of the compressor is to absorb the hot air present in the room and then convert it into cool air. It is highly advised not to touch or do anything with the compressor. If anything goes wrong with it, then try calling a qualified technician to check for any problem.
- Replacement of Evaporator coil:
Due to some internal issues or over-usage defects, the evaporator coil may damage resulting in a poor cooling action. The role of the evaporator following the compressor absorbs the hot air collected by the compressor. The evaporator coil may damage due to corrosion, erosion and tearing down of material coating it. Replacing an evaporator coil on your own should not be done due to confusion. Sometimes, the evaporator coil is confused with other coils thus it is advised not to replace the evaporator coil on its own.
- Cleaning of Air Ducts:
Air ducts of an air conditioner are the passage through which air flows in and out of the AC. Due to dirt and solid particles contained in the air, the inner lining of ducts gets coated with it. It can degrade the quality of air supplied by the air conditioner. Therefore, air ducts should be cleaned at regular intervals. Put a small vacuum cleaner inside the duct gently to suck out all the dirt particles present inside it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What AC size should I consider for my apartment?
Most importantly if you are thinking that a bigger size AC would be better due to more cooling capacity then you are wrong. It always depends on the heat-absorbing capacity of an apartment. If the size of your apartment lies somewhere between 600 – 700 square feet then 1 ton of air conditioning would work.
Why do I have to take star rating seriously?
Air conditioners in India provide a range of 1 to a 5-star rating. It depicts the energy efficiency of a certain model. The higher the rating, the more efficient your AC would be.
I can’t afford a split AC at the moment; can I go for a window type?
More or less both are equally efficient. Both have their own benefits of purchasing. Economically, windows ACs are cheaper. You can obviously go for one.
Which is the best brand?
Electrical appliances have many competitors in the market. Samsung, Voltas, Hitachi, Toshiba, L.G., O General and so on are some of the famous brands. Parameters to define the best brand change person to person with their priorities.
Is buying online worth it?
Buying online has no issues unless you have researched enough on that product.
Do you need a stabilizer?
A stabilizer stabilizes the power supply and helps in avoiding power overload. You should buy a stabilizer to increase the life of your ACs regardless of fluctuation in electrical supply.
What is Mosquito away technology?
This technology ensures to keep away mosquitoes by choking their senses of detecting human CO2. They become unconscious and fly away.
Air Conditioner Buying Tips
Energy Efficiency in everything:
The primary tip to buy an Air Conditioner is that always go for the most energy-efficient ones. There are star ratings on every electrical product. The range lies between 1- 5. More star rating helps your AC to consume power supply judiciously. 5 rating also helps in cooling room temperature more systematically. AC power consumption matters a lot to the consumers who are purchasing it for household use. Low power usage will also lead to smooth working of the appliance.
Size does count:
Buying any product is reliable when size is taken into consideration. Every specification about air conditioner size as compared to room size is available to us through the internet. A Bigger AC for a smaller room is not beneficial because it cools it very fast but unable to put out the existing moisture. It is not going to work in a positive way. For a room of 700 square feet, 1-ton air conditioning works. Size also changes the price of the ACs. So, to avoid extra cost we can take size as our step of research.
Noise level is also a very important tip that should be taken care of. Compressors of Split ACs are outside the home or AC room. It helps in decreasing unwanted voice level to a great extent while with window ACs sometimes this problem emerges. With time noise level get uplifted and it can be very annoying. This tip should be used to buy a product that guarantees low noise level and better appliance life.
The technology of air conditioning is not new in the world. We have been using it for many years. We have shifted towards this advancement due to many reasons. This machine spread cool or conditioned air in every corner because it has a fan to expand its horizon. Since areas with more moisture in the air have very sticky weather, air conditioners make it easy to lower the moisture content.
But many health experts deny its overuse. Several improvements are taking place so that it should be modified into a more eco-friendly and human-friendly. Now our life has become so easy in the time of scorching heat during summers.
Moreover, in some air conditioners, we also have a heater facility that is very appreciating. We should be cautious about purchasing and using every electrical gadget. Technology never harms if we are using it in a controlled way.